HPC System Architect (f/m/d)
About the job
As the demands of HPC workloads increase and converge with AI and analytics, next-generation HPC systems are expected to raise the bar for computing and memory performance. Black Semiconductor is developing a ground-breaking technology to fabricate optical I/O directly on electronics. We are looking for an experienced HPC system architect who seeks to take on the challenge of integrating photonic interconnects into every chip and thereby allowing barrier-free communication of chip fabrics.
- Drive Black Semiconductor technology integration and specifications and contribute setting up the team
- Define novel communication architecture based on photonic links between all chips
- Design and validate electronics for optical communication links
- Actively collaborate with hardware teams to perform power and performance trade-off analysis for photonic I/O solutions
- Engage with HPC chip and system makers
- Develop IP blocks for the integration of photonic I/O technology into HPC fabrics
- Disseminate Black Semiconductor technology to the system archtitecture community
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent by experience
- 5 years’ experience in team leading and HPC system design
- Deep understanding of the HPC challenges and the ecosystem
- Familiar with NOC, PCI, CXL, UCIe and other communication standards
- Teamplayer with strong communications skills
- Ability to build trustful relations inside and outside the company
We are Black Semiconductor, a Tech-Start-Up based in Aachen, Germany. Our goal is to manufacture and market extremely powerful microchips with integrated electronic-photonic circuits. Based on over 20 years of experience in CMOS, photonic chip development, and pioneering work on graphene technology since 2006, we are in the process of initiating a paradigm shift in chip technology.
At Black Semiconductor, we connect the smartest, most innovative and progressive experts, guided and inspired by some of the world’s most acclaimed minds in semiconductors.
As one team, we are pioneering a long-desired dream — we redefine the silicon age with chip connectivity at the speed of light.
Email your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are reviewing all applicants and will get a response to you within 2 weeks.
Black Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.